We Love These Easy DIY Kitchen Decor Project
DIY projects are all the rage lately—and with good reason! You may think of repurposed barn doors and other farmhouse features, but DIY doesn’t have to mean rustic. With DIY kitchen decor projects, the possibilities are endless, and your creativity can elevate any kitchen style.
Upcycling DIY Kitchen Decor Projects
Upcycling and repurposing materials are great ways to find inspiration for projects and incorporate sustainable design into your space. Here are some examples:
- Paint mason jars and adorn the mouths with ribbon or twine for adorable utensil holders or canisters for coffee and sugar.
- Add pegs to rescued wood pallets for mug storage. You can paint or stain the pallets or utilize their rustic wood grain.
- Even better, decorate coordinating mugs to hang on your DIY mug storage! Sharpie decorations baked onto ceramic mugs and then sprayed with a finishing spray are adorably unique and will withstand washing. Source vintage mugs from the thrift store or opt for a blank canvas by finding mugs at the dollar store.
- Turn pallets into a spice rack and matching wine rack. Incorporate space for hanging wine glasses for a one-stop wine station.
- Use vintage flatware from thrift stores to make a funky utensil gallery wall. You can also achieve an eclectic utensil wall by painting wooden spoons from the dollar store or thrift store.
Even if you don’t have the patience to sift through thrift store goodies, you can still create DIY kitchen decor that will breathe fresh air into your space. Try one of these ideas to add colorful flair to your home:
- Peel and stick tiles can transform your backsplash instantly. You could also use wallpaper or paint to create an accent wall or an accent pantry door.
- Add statement pieces to your glass cabinets or the shelves of a china cabinet or etagere for visual interest.
- Create a countertop herb garden with hand-painted planters. This triple threat of hobbies lets you cook with fresh herbs, create vessels that are works of art, and work on your green thumb.
- Go green by creating reusable napkins and paper towels. You’ll flex your sewing muscles while saving on paper goods in the long run.
- Sew your own placemats or hand-dye plain placemats for a funky pop of color.
- Chalkboard paint can turn anything into a charming creative space. You can use this chalkboard space to write the week’s menu, cheeky kitchen-themed sayings, or notes to your family.
- Paint an accent wall or revamp larger kitchen areas to change things up.
Enhance Your Style with Special Additions
When it comes to DIY kitchen decor projects, the world is your oyster. Use DIY projects to enhance your kitchen’s style or transform your space. Let your creativity flow—there is no wrong way to incorporate DIY projects into your kitchen.
For professional kitchen upgrades or to work with experienced designers on how to best incorporate your DIY creations into your space, contact Special Additions today!